I love eating eggs for breakfast and am constantly trying to ‘spice it up’ a little and add a new twist, other than just simply scrambling an egg. This was actually my first attempt at an over easy egg, and I would say it is de-ee-ecent (Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys anyone?). I eat tacos at least once a week and always make extra pico de gallo so I can add it to my breakfast or use it as dip with chips. Chips and dip is my jam.
Feel free, as always, to add or substitute any ingredients you want! That’s my favorite part of cooking; doing whatever you want, however you want, till it hits that perfect “mmmm, yes!” on your taste buds.
Over Easy Egg Avocado Toast
- 1 slice organic grain bread, toasted (I like Dave’s Killer Bread*)
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- Cooking spray/oil (I love using coconut or avocado)
- 1 large organic egg
- fresh ground pink Himalayan salt*, fresh ground black pepper*, tumeric powder*, and garlic powder; season to taste
- pico de gallo
- Prep the toppings by slicing up an avocado and mixing together the pico de gallo (I’ll post my recipe soon!). Also get the bread ready to toast, which I suggest starting when you are ready to put the egg in the skillet.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over low heat, spray with oil and gently crack the egg into the skillet (no shell mess tip: crack egg in a ramekin, then pour in skillet).
- Cook until the whites start firming up, then flip over (this can be done with a spatula, or you can test your ninja cooking skills by pushing the skillet away and snapping upwards simultaneously). When egg whites are completely firm, take off heat and season to taste.
- Assemble your toast by placing the egg on the bread, followed by the sliced avocado and topped with homemade pico de gallo.
- Now comes the really fun part, slice open your toast and watch the gooey egg seep out, and proceed to stuff your face and sop up the yolk with the bread. Enjoy!