I love pico de gallo. I make it whenever we have tacos, which is almost once a week. I make a ton so I will have extra to put in my eggs, or toss in my salad. It is so refreshing, delicious, and easy to make.
You can adjust the ingredients to best suit your taste buds. I sometimes add a bit more lime, depending on the brand of lime juice I have, or I use fresh squeezed lime juice. Fresh is best, but I don’t always have it on hand.
All it takes is 2 Roma tomatoes, ½ white (or red) onion, a fist full of cilantro, fresh ground salt, pepper, and a squirt of lime juice.
Start off by chopping your tomato, onion, and cilantro.
Then mix them together in a bowl and add in your salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze in your lime juice. Mix until well combined, then refrigerate for 30 minutes. DONE!
- Mixing bowl*
- Spoon (to mix)
- Wood cutting board*
- Chef’s knife (my FAVORITE knife*, worth ever penny)
- Measuring set*
- Serving bowl or Pyrex glass bowl* (I like using these because they look cute and can be used as a serving bowl, then I can just pop on the lid and stick the leftovers in the refrigerator. Easy peasy clean up.)
Homemade Pico De Gallo
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- ½ white onion (can use red onion, if preferred)
- Fist full of cilantro
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- 1-1½ teaspoon(s) lime juice (adjust to taste)
Chop tomatoes and onion, then mince cilantro. Toss all in a medium bowl and stir together. Pour in lime juice, then season with salt and pepper. Stir until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Mix well before serving.